A General Liability Policy provides the insurance protection needed to pay claims for any property damage or personal injury for which your company is found liable:
- Personal Injury: Mental anguish, “loss of consortium” (deprivation of the benefits of a family relationship through death)
- Bodily Injury: Occurring at, or away from, your place of business
- Property Damage
- Advertising Injury: Slander and false advertising
Coverage is also provided for any injuries or damages arising from the products or services produced or sold by your company. In addition, the general liability policy provides payments for attorney defense fees, court costs and any other expenses arising from a claim.
Although the following tips appear obvious, they are a few reminders of ways to lower the chance of a liability claim:
- Set high standards for your company’s product quality control.
- Make sure all company records remain complete and up to date.
- Be sure that employees are properly trained.